Coach Kelvin Blackshear Sr.
Strength & Conditioning Program
The Mission of the Heritage High School Strength and Conditioning Program is to inspire academic and athletic excellence in student-athletes by challenging them to achieve the highest level of intellectual and personal development.
Our Vision Statement is designed to further the school's mission to develop students who display extreme tradition, excellence, and Patriot Pride. We strive to cultivate student athletes that are strong in character and courageous in spirit.
(Due to Covid-19 restrictions, workouts will be fluid.)
Heach Coach Responsibilities
“All Head Coaches are Responsible for designating an assigned coach to help monitor student athletes during workouts. Students-athletes are expected to arrive 15 minutes before their designated sessions, and student-athletes have to exit the weight room immediately after all workouts. All athletes must be Released and supervised at all times for the safety of our Students."
Student Athletes need to
- Be able to work on their own at times
- Know what exercises and weights to use.
- Know when to increase the weight
- Have a basic understanding of knowing what we are doing and why we are doing it.
- 10% overall gains every Max Period.
Weight Room Goals
- Improve Long Term Athletic Development
- Improve confidence and self esteem
- Reduce the risk of injury
- Lesson the recovery time of athletes who are injured
- Prevent late season staleness
- Become 10% stronger each max period.
Students have access to the weight room, individualized instruction, and tailored programs after school. Team training is coordinated through the head coach of each sport.
Students also have the option to sign-up for one of the available strength and conditioning courses and train during the school day. The class setting provides the necessary structure and consistency to get the most from a training program.
No articles found
Check back later to see what's new.