Coach Kelvin Blackshear
Our program is designed to further the school's mission to develop students who display extreme tradition, excellence, and Patriot Pride. We strive to cultivate student athletes that are strong in character and courageous in spirit. Due to Covid-19 restrictions, workouts will be fluid.
“All Head Coaches are Responsible for designating an assigned coach to help monitor student athletes during workouts. Students-athletes are expected to arrive 15 minutes before their designated sessions, and student-athletes have to exit the weight room immediately after all workouts. All athletes must me Released and supervised at all times for the safety of our Students."
|4:00 Session||4:00 Session||4:00 Session||4:00 Session||4:00 Active Recovery|
|5:00 Session||5:00 Session||5:00 Session||5:00 Session||5:00 Active Recovery|
|6:00 Seesion||6:00 Seesion||6:00 Seesion||6:00 Seesion||5:00 Active Recovery|
Strength and Conditioning
Student Athletes need to
- Be able to work on their own at times
- Know what exercises and weights to use.
- Know when to increase the weight
- Have a basic understanding of knowing what we are doing and why we are doing it.
- Keep working when no one is watching
- Focus on becoming 10 percent better per year
Weight Room Goals
- Improve Long Term Athletic Development
- Improve confidence and self esteem
- Reduce the risk of injury
- Lesson the recovery time of athletes who are injured
- Prevent late season staleness
Students have access to the weight room, individualized instruction, and tailored programs after school. Team training is coordinated through the head coach of each sport.
Students also have the option to sign-up for one of the available strength and conditioning courses and train during the school day. The class setting provides the necessary structure and consistency to get the most from a training program.
No articles found
Check back later to see what's new.